Monday, December 22, 2008

Is Network Marketing an Answer to Unemployment?

Dear Entrepreneurs,

Could an unemployed person collecting unemployment compensation join a Network Marketing company and rapidly rise to a sufficient income level? Possible of course, but highly improbable. They would be one in a thousand at the least.

So should a veteran NWMer offer this kind of expectation during the recruitment courtship? I say with extreme caution and only after the recruit has demonstrated some of the raw materials we look for to shape success.

A fact well known to seasoned vets of our industry is that you start out spending more than you make, usually. With the proper desire and training, a new distributor can short track this stage if they are coachable and will work.

With unemployment at 10% and rising, the job scene is very bleak. I say it is a great time to show people the potential our industry can afford those that will work smart. I have to remind myself that securing customers and/or team members may become increasingly more difficult if this economy continues to spiral downward. What the hey, we still have something to offer that has profit potential. I heard that in the Great Depression, folks were peddling pamphlets and booklets on the street corners for a nickle a piece. Any money is better than no money.

I exhort those in our industry to offer reasonable expectations to the hungry. We truly have something they want and need, so let's not over sell it. Not the kind of junk I delete from my inbox that has me making $40k per month in 90 days or less.

Highest Regards,
Tom

No comments: